Health & Safety Courses for the workplace
We endeavour to make your organisation legally compliant (and therefore legally protected) with regards to health & safety, and make your working environment as safe as possible, by recommending realistic measures which will work for you in “the real world”.
Our training courses and documentation are designed to be easy to follow and relevant to your environment.
At Jane Rawlings Training Consultancy, our approach to health and safety training is simple. We strive to achieve the following:
- Courses are tailored to the delegate and the specifics of their place of work.
- Delegates are encouraged to ask questions and participate in the course, making it interactive, memorable and enjoyable.
- Principles are explained and demonstrated, so as to allow understanding by the delegate.
- The delegate will leave the course, feeling that they achieved everything they wanted to from it.
- Any of our training courses can be delivered in your premises, at a time and date to suit you.
See below for courses that we offer and please contact us with you training requirements.
Our Health & Safety Courses
This half-day Fire marshal training course covers the role of the designated fire marshal (fire warden).
You will learn about preventing fires and learn about the different types of fire extinguisher and how to use them correctly.
This course is suitable for:
those who are responsible for overseeing fire safety
designated fire marshals
What you will learn
The course will present an understanding of fire regulations and general fire precautions. It aims to provide you with the knowledge to be become a fire marshal.
Action on discovering a fire
Common causes of fire
Fire drills and evacuation
Fire safety legislation
Fire safety precautions
The chemistry of fire
The role of fire marshal
Using fire extinguishers
Course duration – Half-day.
Assessment and certification – Ongoing trainer observation.
All delegates will receive a certificate valid for three years.
Manual Handling Training
Manual Handling of Inanimate Objects ensures that delegates hold an understanding of safe techniques to use when lifting and moving objects of varying size and weight, so as to avoid any injury to themselves or others. The training is designed for those who undertake manual handling activities in their working role and it can be customised so that delegates can experience handling objects which they would encounter in their workplace.
• Course introduction
• Why correct technique is important
• Manual handling hazards and risks
• Preventing injury from manual handling
• Remaining compliant
• Importance of risk assessment
• Applying risk assessment to manual handling
This course is delivered over half a day (3 hours) and a certificate will be awarded upon successful completion.